Re: i18n'g the Debian Menu System

On Fri, Jan 29, 1999 at 04:50:40PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:

> Have you looked at how the author of the package intended this to be
> handled? See /etc/menu-methods/translate-menus. An example from that file:
>
> #translate id->title
> #  include /usr/lib/menus/LANGUAGE/finnish
> #  menu/apps/editors  TekstVeranderaars
> #endtranslate
>
> This can make translating the actual names of the menus easier. The
> translation of the menu items probably shouldn't be done this way though.

  Ok. I'll take a better look as soon as I can. It seems to be interesting
since it could traslate strings matched. I'm not really sure how it can
make diferent menus for diferent users (i.e. users with diferent langs.
may wish have their own menu). May be having a ~/.translate-menus?

  I will return...

Regards,

Tinguaro Barreno Delgado
<tbarreno@debian.org>