Re: internationalising boot-floppies

On Thu, Nov 12, 1998 at 09:39:50AM +0000, Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS wrote:
> Has any work been done or planned on internationalising boot-floppies?

We have at least Spanish, French, and cz (Czech?) translations
already.  I am working on Finnish and I know there are other
translation efforts underway.

> I had a look at the source package last night, and though I couldn't
> understand it or get it to work, it looks as though text and program
> are mixed up in a way that will require some major work ...

No.  There are some supidities (cf. Bug #29277), but overall it is
quite well organized.

        Antti-Juhani
--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho A7 <gaia@iki.fi> ** <URL:http://www.iki.fi/gaia/> **