Re: fixing backspace and delete

On Tue, Apr 21, 1998 at 08:38:14AM +0000, anne@ibbnet.nl wrote:
> On 22 Apr, Petr Kolar wrote:
> > Is not better to map keycode 14 to delete and keycode 111 to remove (and
> > later to "\e[3~") and let Ctrl-H to be backspace? Does eg. 'info' work
> > with your setting?
>
> In info both the backspace and delete key will erase to the left
> (backspace).

This breaks info's documented interface. In info's help file it says
:Moving within a node:
:---------------------
:  SPC Scroll forward a page.
:  DEL Scroll backward a page.

Not a very intuitive choice of key, I admit. But I don't think this should
be broken.

> Since the arrow keys do not seem to work in info

Debian's version of info has been patched for the cursor keys to work since
March 1997.

Greetings,
Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go