Re: kbd cfg project

On Apr 11, Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> wrote:

 >Marco, what's the status with the m4 macros? The last message I remember
I received the help needed to sort out the problems I had but I don't have
enough free time to write documentation and/or package the thing.
Maybe we should also write a formal description of the macros. We really
need to write some guidelines about writing or converting a keymap.
I posted the macros on the list some months ago along with a request for
some help, can you find it in the archive?

 >which would require an m4 hacker to solve. Is this still true? If so, I'd
 >prefer rewriting everything in perl (note, that m4 is not part of the base
You would have to write a complete parser for the macros used.
We don't really need much more complexity than macro substitution.

 >system, but perl is). It would be great if you could send me the current
 >m4 macros or give me a pointer where they are so I could start with them.
Done.

--
ciao,
Marco