kbd cfg project

I'm in the process of getting the kbd project back to live, together with
the help of Anne.

Therefore, I'm intrested in about the current status of the project, hints
about important kbd bugs to fix for Debian 2.0, and about possible
volunteers.

We are planning to fix any problems with the handling of Backspace and
Delete for Debian 2.0 (the Policy Manual already contains the details--but
I guess not all packages have been fixed yet). Everything else will be
done for the "slink" (Debian 2.1) release.

Marco, what's the status with the m4 macros? The last message I remember
about the m4 macros is the report from Enrique from 13 Oct 97 (yes, a half
year ago :). I remember that there are still a few m4 problems unsolved,
which would require an m4 hacker to solve. Is this still true? If so, I'd
prefer rewriting everything in perl (note, that m4 is not part of the base
system, but perl is). It would be great if you could send me the current
m4 macros or give me a pointer where they are so I could start with them.
(Please send them as private mail to me.)

Thanks,

Chris

--                 Christian Schwarz
                    schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Don't know Perl?     schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Visit                  PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
http://www.perl.com     http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/