Re: Troubles with updating Debian Hurd

On 9/10/21 12:25 am, Sergey Bugaev wrote:
On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 2:20 PM Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
That's because vim is currently failing to build, and thus we get
trapped again by the version difference between vim and vim-common.

"Unstable" has its name for a reason :)

Even ignoring vim for a second (I could/should attempt to exclude it
'cause I don't use it anyways), the "syslog depends on
{libjson-c3,liblogging-stdlog0,liblognorm2}" still happens with
unreleased. That is, adding unreleased only increased the number of
issues (adding vim).

Sergey

Please remember that Debian had a release and un-freeze of sid/unstable this year. There is a relatively large amount of transitions currently trying to all happen at once. As a result the package dependencies are changing almost every half hour.

One weird issue I have found is that the some Hurd dependencies interact with the Python2 removal going on. To unblock those without waiting for the whole transition I had to manually remove the "python" package and install the "python-is-python2" package. The end result is a functionally unchanged system, but with a bump in the versions.

Amos