Re: Troubles with updating Debian Hurd

Sergey Bugaev, le ven. 08 oct. 2021 14:25:38 +0300, a ecrit:
> On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 2:20 PM Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
> > That's because vim is currently failing to build, and thus we get
> > trapped again by the version difference between vim and vim-common.
> >
> > "Unstable" has its name for a reason :)
>
> Even ignoring vim for a second (I could/should attempt to exclude it
> 'cause I don't use it anyways), the "syslog depends on
> {libjson-c3,liblogging-stdlog0,liblognorm2}" still happens with
> unreleased. That is, adding unreleased only increased the number of
> issues (adding vim).

I don't see how adding unreleased can have an impact on vim, since
unreleased doesn't contain anything about vim.

About syslog, indeed debootstrap would need to be taught that it should
take it from unreleased rather than from unstable. In the debian
installer case, we use the apt resolver to put on the CD image the
version that is actually installable, and then debootstrap doesn't have
the choice and can thus install. That said, the buildd chroots can get
built fine with debootstrap without any particular tinkering, that's
probably because we use --variant=buildd there, which thus doesn't even
try to install rsyslog.

Samuel