Re: Move package removals

Hi,

On Thu, May 08, 2014 at 03:09:18PM +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-05-08 at 13:58 +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> > >
> > > Quite a few of them are not leaf packages, AFAICT.  If I check each with
> > > "dak rm --rdep-check --no-action -p -a=hurd-i386,all -B", I get the
> > > following list currently:
> > >
> > > burp
> > > dateutils
> > > ffe
> > > haskell-llvm
> > > libembperl-perl
> > > monit
> >
> > I removed monit.
> >
> > > mssh
> > > mupdf
>
> This one is now built and installed!

That's great, so it can be retried immediately after the removals.

Last time it took quite a while (and prodding) to get the removals
actioned upon by the ftp-masters, so I want to make their life as easy
as possible and issue an update now. Mupdf only took 11 minutes to
build, so shouldn't be a problem.

> > > openocd
> > > resiprocate
> > > rpy2
> > > since
> > > skimage
> > > tardy
> > > wesnoth-1.11
> >
> > And wesnoth-1.11.
> >
> > > xburst-tools
> > > xserver-xorg-video-openchrome
> >
> > I also ignored xine-libs, which has come up since.
> >
> > A couple others showed up since as well, but they did look fine to
> > remove for me, I filed bug #747409 now.
>
> Didn't you see my mail?
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd/2014/05/msg00036.html

I saw it, that's why I didn't include monit.

In general, the only overrides should be things which are impeding the
(few) users we have (like monit), are known to be important
Depends/Build-Depends (I only removed leaf packages again), or are known
to be fixed shortly (like wesnoth-1.11).

> By commenting on the list I agreed to go through it too. I think it's a
> little premature to remove them now, see for example mupdf above. I
> thought bug reports on packages counted as excluded from the list. Are
> you in a hurry to get the percentage up?

We are not in a hurry, but getting the percentage up is certainly a
goal.

Michael