Re: Hurd 2013 05 installation problem

On Fri, 2013-05-24 at 10:47 +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Peter Hull, le Fri 24 May 2013 08:49:14 +0100, a écrit :
> > On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 5:14 AM, Anatoly A. Kazantsev <anatoly@gnu.org> wrote:
> >
> >     On Thu, 23 May 2013 23:14:05 +0200
> >     Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@gnu.org> wrote:
> >     > Ah, yes, using a mirror means using the current sid packages, which may
> >     > be uninstallable from times to times.OK, I see. I selected mirror.
> >     Thank you for the help. Will try to install it without using mirror
> >
> > I used a mirror too. Just for clarification, is this something that's likely to
> > recur over time or is it an isolated problem that's been fixed?
>
> It's likely that we have the same kind of issue in the future.

Since the repository used by the installer is Debian unstable plus
Debian ports this can happen depending on the current state. A safe bet
is to choose no mirror when installing and install different tasks
afterwards, e.g. apt-get install task-ssh-server (or user CD/DVD and not
using a mirror). Maybe this should be mentioned in the installation
instructions?