Re: out of date packages to be removed?

On Wed, 2013-03-27 at 11:21 +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Svante Signell, le Wed 27 Mar 2013 10:41:50 +0100, a écrit :

> A personal package yes, or providing the patch so it can be uploaded to
> -ports.

dovecot might be a package that could be hosted on -ports. As well as xosview.

> > Regarding emacs23 it still does not build, and gdb builds with an
> > already submitted patch
>
> Yes, still to be fixed, but I felt we should keep them.
>
> > Where is that package going to be hosted, until after Wheezy is
> > released, in -ports?
>
> For now in the main archive

For gdb, there are already patches available to build it successfully
now. What's the plan then, keep it non-building in the main archive
until Wheezy and then hoping the patches are accepted/applied to remain
in mai, not hosting any gdb-package in -ports?

> > With eglibc and hurd at -ports, doesn't that cause a big problem wrt
> > dependencies of other packages being in main?
>
> Nope. Packages in main don't depend on the -ports eglibc & hurd.

Are the dependencies so fine-grained, so that even if there is a newer
package in -ports, it will not be used by the buildds?

If not what's hindering the eglibc patch, linked to before, to be
applied to the -ports version, so that clisp can be built?