Re: Builds for hurd-i386 using debian-ports.org

Hello,

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> wrote:
> On 12828 March 1977, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>
>>> In any case I believe you need to be more aggressive on getting the
>>> needed patched in the official archive.
>> Right.  I don't like stepping on other maintainers, but we'll probably
>> have to.

This is slightly tangential to conversation. I am not a debian
devel/maintainer, but would like to bring up my experience. This has
so far been an exception to how things normally "roll" around here.

I closed all outstanding issues  for package named gpart
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=gpart;dist=unstable),to
the best of my abilities. This included a FTBFS on not linux .

 I also re-organised all of Debian patches and even did some minor
enhancements to some of them.
I have mailed 3 mailing lists twice requesting a NMU upload on my
behalf and got no response from all three of them, both the time.

Regards,
Harish