Re: Builds for hurd-i386 using debian-ports.org

Ansgar Burchardt, le Fri 20 Apr 2012 12:10:33 +0200, a écrit :
> I do not find it acceptable for a port in the main archive to rely on
> external packages, esp. should it eventually be released with wheezy.

It is not acceptable either that patches take so long to get uploaded
in the main archive.  Not using debian-ports would make a new port
completely impossible. kfreebsd also did that. That's the only way to go
forward, otherwise there is always something broken that prevents from
actually making progress.

> Are there plans to stop using it before the freeze?

Obviously.

> Can all packages be rebuilt to make sure no binary was built using
> packages not in the main archive (as was done for other new ports such
> as armhf or s390x)?

Sure.

Samuel