Re: Builds for hurd-i386 using debian-ports.org

Samuel Thibault, le Fri 20 Apr 2012 15:25:52 +0200, a écrit :
> Ansgar Burchardt, le Fri 20 Apr 2012 14:17:44 +0200, a écrit :
> > I am not quite sure, but didn't kfreebsd stop relying on debian-ports
> > when they moved to the main archive?
>
> Possibly, I don't remember.

It's actually another chicken and egg issue.  As long as packages
built with debian-ports package are only on debian-ports, the packages
depending on them can not be in the main archive, etc. etc. With e.g.
pulseaudio only in debian-ports, that makes essentially all desktop
packages on debian-ports only.  And being on debian-ports only means
that they are out of corresponding debian maintainers' radar, and
porters thus have to do all the porting work, even when trivial.

Samuel