Re: Adding and deleting routes in hurd ??

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 8:13 PM, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
> harish badrinath, le Fri 11 Nov 2011 17:47:50 +0530, a écrit :
>> Is it possible to add and delete routing information in hurd ..
>
> Answering the actual underlying question (I didn't have the time to
> do it before), no, I believe there is currently no way to add/delete
> routing information in Hurd, just because there interface for it wasn't
> added to pfinet.
>
>> In <bits/ioctls.h> i noticed the following snippet
>>
>> <code>
>> #if 0
>> #define SIOCADDRT       _IOW('r', 10, struct ortentry)  /* add route */
>> #define SIOCDELRT       _IOW('r', 11, struct ortentry)  /* delete route */
>> #endif
>> </code>
>
> Actually, I can't even find the struct ortentry definition, so I guess
> this is just oldie.

Could you please elaborate on what needs to be done.
If struct ortentry is obsolete, why was it made obsolete ??
At worst i would update the wiki, but if i can (if my skill level allows me to)
i will try to add these functionality.

A guide/mentor for this task would be awesome.

> The reference is hidden in the _IOW macro call.

Harish