Re: Adding and deleting routes in hurd ??

harish badrinath, le Fri 11 Nov 2011 17:47:50 +0530, a écrit :
> Is it possible to add and delete routing information in hurd ..

Answering the actual underlying question (I didn't have the time to
do it before), no, I believe there is currently no way to add/delete
routing information in Hurd, just because there interface for it wasn't
added to pfinet.

> In <bits/ioctls.h> i noticed the following snippet
>
> <code>
> #if 0
> #define SIOCADDRT       _IOW('r', 10, struct ortentry)  /* add route */
> #define SIOCDELRT       _IOW('r', 11, struct ortentry)  /* delete route */
> #endif
> </code>

Actually, I can't even find the struct ortentry definition, so I guess
this is just oldie.

> So i copied and pasted these macros directly in a file and i get the
> following error
> error: '_IOT_ortentry' undeclared (first use in this function)

As I referenced in my earlier mail, that's explained in the wiki page:
the _IOT_ortentry macro has to be defined according to the definition of
the structure, as explained on the wiki page.

> I cant seem to find any references to _IOT_ortentry (there are many
> false positives with me not finding "any references", so about this i
> do have my doubts).

The reference is hidden in the _IOW macro call.

Samuel