Re: NMUs?

Alle martedì 23 agosto 2011, Svante Signell ha scritto:
> Referring to pvm, what about netpipe?

We leave it as it is, see below.

> There is a bug report #571449,
> from 25 Feb 2010 with a patch from 10 May 2011 replacing netpipe's
> LAM and MPICH1 packages with OpenMPI and MPICH2 packages. Maybe a
> 10-day NMU? Of course this patch will change for all supported
> archs, not only GNU/Hurd.

Please read http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=573187
aka what will solve our MPI issues. It just need patience, as eventually
the debian-science people will get there.

To the specific bug, who posted the patch also said that is untested
other than "it compiles". If you want to NMU something, then you must be
sure it also *works*.

--
Pino Toscano