Debian Installer

Hallo!

So, it's been available for several moons -- now is the time for me to
try the Hurdified Debian Installer.

First time I've seen DHCP on a Hurd system.

The CDROM ``partition'' shows up in drives/partitions list.  Probably it
shouldn't?

I didn't know/notice that we got partition reloading into GNU Mach!  I
suspected a late-night Samuel Thibault hack, but it in fact was Jérémie;
thanks!
<http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/open_issues/blkrrpart_ioctl.html> has
to be revisited: there is now support in GNU Mach (and fdisk works fine,
or whichever else the DI is using), but parted likely still needs some
work?

Then, at the ``software selection'' screen I select ``SSH server''
additionally to the pre-selected ``Standard system utilities''.
Installation commences, but will come to a premature end: ``Installation
step failed [...] can try again [...]''.  But it doesn't tell which
package failed, or any error messages.  Is this a general DI problem --
only that on GNU/Linux package installations don't usually fail?  Back to
the main menu, I pick ``select and install software'' again, and then I'm
asked some exim4 configuration questions, and it'll fall over again.
First, how to get logs about what exactly failed?  Second, why is it
installing exim int the first place?  (I specifically did not select
``email server'' at the ``software selection'' screen.)

Grüße,
 Thomas