Re: Debian Installer

Thomas Schwinge, le Sat 14 May 2011 12:11:35 +0200, a écrit :
> The CDROM ``partition'' shows up in drives/partitions list.  Probably it
> shouldn't?

The gnumach kernel should export something for userland to realize it's
not a hard drive.

> <http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/open_issues/blkrrpart_ioctl.html> has
> to be revisited: there is now support in GNU Mach (and fdisk works fine,
> or whichever else the DI is using), but parted likely still needs some
> work?

There are pending patches, yes.

> Then, at the ``software selection'' screen I select ``SSH server''
> additionally to the pre-selected ``Standard system utilities''.
> Installation commences, but will come to a premature end: ``Installation
> step failed [...] can try again [...]''.  But it doesn't tell which
> package failed, or any error messages.

See in /var/log/syslog.

> Is this a general DI problem --
> only that on GNU/Linux package installations don't usually fail?

IIRC we've had the issue in the past already.

> Second, why is it installing exim int the first place?

It's almost always installed by default.  You happened to not see its
questions at first try because the debconf priority was still
at critical level.  When an installer component fails (here ssh
installation), the debconf level gets raise, thus getting detailed
questions like exim's.

Samuel