Partitioning for a Hurd install

How should I partition for an install? I'm doing this using VirtualBox, but I have plenty of space. I have 4GB ram on host, which is Win7.

So how much ram should I give the vm? And how big a swap partition should I create? Also do I need to partition beforehand (ie, create an ext2 [ext3?] virtual disk, and a swap virtual disk), or just create a raw virtual disk and use the Hurd installer to partition?

Lastly I have a 160GB internal IDE drive which is my C: drive (system drive) and a 1TB external USB drive which is my data drive (D:). Should I use C or D to store the vm? What about the virtual disks?

Thanks.

God bless

David Hiran Watson
e: hiranwatson@gmail.com