Re: initrd support?

olafBuddenhagen@gmx.net, le Wed 23 Dec 2009 17:18:14 +0100, a écrit :
> > Through the multiboot standard, it can not but be a multiboot module,
> > but then how to give it to ext2fs.static?
>
> You mean you want to stuff the initrd contents into a normal ext2
> filesystem, and pass it as a store to the root filesystem server?

It's already an ext2fs filesystem (compressed, but libdiskfs has
something for that).

> I'm not sure any of the existing store types can handle something like
> that... You might need to come up with a new store type for this.

Or maybe just introduce a "rd0" device?

grub.cfg could look like

module /hurd/ext2fs.static ext2fs --multibootblabla
module /lib/ld.so.1 exec /hurd/exec etc.
module /boot/initrd rd0

Here gnumach notices rd0 and instead of starting a task, creates an rd0
device.  Then we can just pass root=device:rd0 to the kernel.

Samuel