initrd support?

Hello,

I'm having a look at things that we're still missing for the Debian
installer.  Since the kfreebsd people did a lot of work already,
there shoulnd't be so much left :) (grub support is already there for
instance).  At least one thing that we don't have is initrd support.  Is
there anybody who has already thought/done anything for that?  Through
the multiboot standard, it can not but be a multiboot module, but then
how to give it to ext2fs.static?  Or maybe use serverboot?

Samuel