Re: Please test debootstrap

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 03:36:17PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> >   /usr/lib/debootstrap/functions: line 838: /bin/settrans: \
> >     No such file or directory
>
> cross-debootstrap isn't supported yet I think, due to this - probably
> debootstrap should abort rather.
>
> It would be nice if we could figure out how to make this better -
> without changing deboostrap too much.

The above error is from setup_devices() which is called in
first_stage_install() in /usr/lib/debootstrap/scripts/sid[1].  You could
try to move that to second_stage_install() and run debootstrap with
"--foreign --arch hurd-i386" as options.  Then, after rebooting, you can
try to run debootstrap again with "--second-stage" as option.

No idea whether this would work, but that is what we should aim to get
working at some point.

Michael

--
[1] If we made sure the underlying GNU/Linux had Roland's patch for
passive translator support via setfattr, we could just use that.