Re: which HURD tarball ??

On 7/10/07, Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 03:09:57PM +0530, arnuld wrote:
> now i noticed this: http://hurd.in/bin/view/Hurd/SetupGNU and it
> directs me to a download of 278 MB
>
> same HURD ... but size 278 MB .... ???

Who said it's the same Hurd (it's spelled Hurd, not HURD)?

The latter is a GNU snapshot, not Debian GNU/Hurd, they are two destinct
versions of the GNU system, and have different versions of the Hurd and
other packages.

OK, i got it. it is like different GNU/Linux distros: Fedora, Arch, Debian etc.

Debian GNU/Hurd comes with the its own package management apt-get. i
think that is advantageous to me as i want a good package manager.
manual package management like we have in Slackware is PITA .

thanks

--
http://arnuld.blogspot.com/
-- people say RMS is arrogant and when i emailed him about some question i