Re: Now that I have a working GNU operating system.

On 7/11/07, Teague MacRoot <hdflhtp@bellatlantic.net> wrote:
Well somewhat, I have even more questions.

1.  Is there a list of applications that are already known to work?
B)  Since I now have a working wmaker desktop, what else do I need (
besides build-essential & libc-dev ) to be able to compile source code
to run on the hurd?
iii Can I download any source tarball and run "./configure && make &&
make install" and get the app/lib to work in the hurd?  Also, since this
is Debian, should I set the --prefix=/usr flag when compiling source code?

Teague, i do not have anything to help you but i am replying because i
literally *loved* the subject line of your post:

"Now that I have a working GNU operating system"

WOW, it is always my dream to use GNU OS as my main daily-routine OS.
you just fulfilled that dream partially. partillay because i want to
say that subject line ALOUD to this world. GNU is my love, i was not
able to keep myself from writing a reply. next month my ISP will go
OK,then i will download K14 CDs and play with HURD and by next 2 years
i will be leading HURD developer :-)

{OT}
people say RMS is arrogant and when email him about some question i
had,  he politely said "please help us by calling the whole system as
GNU/Linux, we need this help". only then i knew people mean "please
from RMS == arrogant", quite funny thing  IMO.
{/OT}

--
http://arnuld.blogspot.com/