Re: X.Org again

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 10:32:20PM +0200, Alejandro Serrano wrote:
> I've been trying Hurd fro a bit more, and now I've managed to get an old
> computer for tests. In my virtual machines, I installed X.Org without
> problems about a month ago. However, now when I do "apt-get install
> x-window-system-core", I get an error like "Depends: xorg but it is not
> going to be installed". If I try again "apt-get install
> x-window-system-core xorg" I get a bunch of messages talking about
> dependencies.

Indeed the X.org server is not in place yet, we are working on this.

> Should I add any repository further than debian and gnuab ones? Or
> should I make any other procedure for getting x.org running (and even
> better Gnome or XFCE... ;-).

I think you got two options here: Either use Samuel Thibault's X11R7
packages at

deb http://dept-info.labri.fr/~thibault/debian-hurd/ ./

or replace your unstable sources.list entry with a snapshot line from
before X11R7 hit unstable (and made X.org uninstallable on hurd-i386)

deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2006/04/11/debian unstable main

I did not really test either, so it might not work.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Debian Developer