Re: brltty FTBFS on hurd-i386 because of lack of sound support

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gianluca Guida" <glguida@gmail.com>
To: "Thomas Schwinge" <tschwinge@gnu.org>
Cc: "Barry deFreese" <bddebian@comcast.net>; "Samuel Thibault" <samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org>; <debian-hurd@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: brltty FTBFS on hurd-i386 because of lack of sound support

Hi there, long time.

On 3/28/06, Thomas Schwinge <tschwinge@gnu.org> wrote:
Would it be hard to create OSS header files (and ship them with GNU
Mach?) which only make the build system / runtime know that there are no
physical sound devices?  Same deal for USB, which Barry was working
on--what's the state there?

Well, as far as I saw in include/mach (I am writing without having
sources, but should be somewhere in the public headers), we have a
mach-exported sound interface. All we 'd need is to let the hurd and
its application support that. We might even write a null sound device
for testing.

Then all we need is linkage to linux sound drivers to that interface.
Shouldn't be that hard.

What do you think?

Gianluca

I realize that I am a little clueless but I can't find any sound stuff in Mach??

Barry