Re: brltty FTBFS on hurd-i386 because of lack of sound support

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 11:49:51AM -0500, Barry deFreese wrote:
> From: "Samuel Thibault" <samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org>
> >Barry deFreese, le Tue 28 Mar 2006 11:11:43 -0500, a ?crit :
> >>I don't know if this is clean, but flite builds with the following change
> >>to debian/rules:
> >>
> >>  --with-audio=none
> >
> >Well, actually the question is a bit the same: should we drop sound
> >dependencies for now from debian packages that don't really _require_
> >it, because the Hurd doesn't yet have support for it?
>
> No, you should get to work on writing sound support. ;-)

I think we can already have sound on the Hurd, by using one of the
networked sound protocols.

But then, for this example it sounded like the build system would need
OSS's headers.

Would it be hard to create OSS header files (and ship them with GNU
Mach?) which only make the build system / runtime know that there are no
physical sound devices?  Same deal for USB, which Barry was working
on--what's the state there?

Regards,
 Thomas