Re: Making X.org work

Barry deFreese escribió:
Thanks you very much. Now it seems to work, but when I execute "startx", I get a plain checker-like screen with mouse support (you know, the one that tells startx is working), but nothing else happens. I've tried installing twm, without result, and also wmaker. I'm not very keen on X-Windows, so maybe it's just a silly question, but, what should I do next? As I have said, executing "startx" just gives me a plain X-Windows screen :-(

Have you tried these wiki pages? :

Good luck,

Barry (aka bddebian)

Thanks very much. Running dpkg-reconfigure worked, but now I get some other errors:

_XSERVTransSockerUNIXAccept: accept() failed

waiting for X server to shut down FreeFontPath: FPE "unix/:7100" refcount is 2, should be 1: fixing

And then it shuts down. I've installed xfs and it starts in the system start.

Thanks in advance,

______________________________________________ LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo. Llamadas a fijos y móviles desde 1 céntimo por minuto. http://es.voice.yahoo.com