Re: FHS compliance

Scribit Thomas Bushnell BSG dies 14/03/2005 hora 23:38:
> > Why don't Hurd servers are in /sbin or /usr/sbin? If I understand
> > correctly, they just are userland programs like any other, aren't
> > they?
> They are not programs that are usefully run (normally) from the shell,
> so they should not be in a user's path.

But they are binaries that make the system work, so they would fit in
/sbin:

  ``/sbin contains binaries essential for booting, restoring,
  recovering, and/or repairing the system''

As I don't have (yet) a working Hurd system on one of my machines, could
someone list me the content of a typical /hurd?

Curiously,
Nowhere man
--
nowhere.man@levallois.eu.org