Re: FHS compliance

Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
I was wondering why the /hurd directory exists. I googlized a bit about
Hurd and the FHS, and didn't found really enlighting documentation about
that particular point.
Why don't Hurd servers are in /sbin or /usr/sbin? If I understand
correctly, they just are userland programs like any other, aren't they?
They are not programs that are usefully run (normally) from the
shell, so they should not be in a user's path.

Isn't it better to put it in /srv/hurd? That should be a better place for this imho.

Regards,

Manuel