Re: Not accessing network after apparently succesful settrans of the /hurd/pfinet

On 8/31/05, Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas <jevv.cr@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/31/05, Marco Gerards <metgerards@student.han.nl> wrote:
> > Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas <jevv.cr@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > > However after performing "ping <dhcp_server_ip>" the console just
> > > hangs forever.  In case "ping" was not working properly I also tried
> > > "apt-get update", and it also hangs forever.  I looked at the card
> > > leds, and although it's powered, it experiences no activity...
> >
> > This sounds like a problem I had.  I fixed this by removing libnss-db.
> >
> > Does inetutils-ifconfig work for you?
> >
> > --
> > Marco
>
> I don't have this package installed.  I used dselect to look for it
> and didn't find it.  I used crosshurd, so I pretty much have the basic
> stuff installed by it...  inetutils-ifconfig is not part of the
> packages that come with crosshurd, so I can't tell about it either...
>
> Could it be that libnss-db comes with another bigger package?
>
> What else can I try?
>
> --
> Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas

Actually I used apt-cache showpkg libnss-db and it gives:

Versions:
Reverse Depends:
     libc0.3,libnss-db 2.2-6.1.1
Dependencies:
Provides:
Reverse Provides:

And for further confirmation:

# dpkg-reconfigure linss-db
Package 'libnss-db' is not installed and no info is available.
/usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure:  libnss-db is not installed

So this confirms I don't have this package installed...

Maybe there's something else I can try?

Thx,

--
Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas