Re: Not accessing network after apparently succesful settrans of the /hurd/pfinet

On 8/31/05, Logik <logika@gmail.com> wrote:

> > You mean another IP server?  No there's only 1 dhcp server available,
> > which in reality is an ADSL modem and dhcp server...  So, are we
> > screwed?
>
>  As far as I can see, I have the exact same setup as you: That is ADSL modem
> with DHCP
>  connected to the hurd box by fast ethernet. It looks as if we did exacly
> the same, setting up
>  pfinet with exception of the order of the settrans arguments but I cannot
> emagine this having
>  any impact. (-a, -g , -m )
>
>  I followed this guide to set up my network:
>
>  http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-install
>
>  Everything worked like a charm. Hope it helps.

Yeap, that's the basic link of reference for crosshurd installation,
and I used it...  I provided the other link since that confirm the
steps on how to connect to the net through dhcp server by using the
corresponding IPs, and this is not part of the debian.org site web
page...

Well, I guess I'll need more guidance here since I'm still on the dark
regarding what can be wrong...

Thx,

--
Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas