Re: blank screen after executing console command...

Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> writes:

> On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 09:10:53PM -0600, Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas wrote:
>> Tried that, and got the same thing...  Weird thing is not getting
>> errors after going back to mach console...  I looked for a verbose
>> switch, but dind find any...
>
> Interesting, I was never able to get back to the Mach console once the
> Hurd console blanked.  Perhaps a matter of option ordering (again).

The order of the options is not the problem.  You load the drivers in
any order.  If there is a problem with the drivers when they are not
working when loading them in a specific order, it is a bug.

> Did somebody file a bug in upstream's bug tracker for this?  AFAICT,
> this seems to be one of the graver issues impacting users currently, as
> so far we have no known work-around and it deprives them from running X.

Not that I know of.  Please file bugs.  Currently the Hurd CVS and the
Hurd package of Debian are in sync for libcons, console and
console-client.  If they are bugs for the console (or something
closely related), please assign them to me.  If no one tells me about
bugs, I won't fix them.  If no one files the bugs properly I will most
likely forget about them.

And please test stuff.  All features should work.  but I have not
tested stuff like the serial mouse or other mouse protocols than
PS/2.  Neither have I tested starting the console from a init script.
If something does not work it is a bug.  The worst thing we can do if
it is not a bug but filed anyway is closing it. :)

--
Marco