blank screen after executing console command...

Hi,

I'm just starting to try debian/hurd.  I did a cross-intall from my
debian/linux aprtition, and was able to multi-user boot.

After getting to multi-user boot I tried to run:

# console -d vga -d pc_mouse --repeat=mouse -d pc_kbd --repeat=kbd -d
generic_speaker -c /dev/vcs

But after executing the command line I just got a blank screen without
prompt and nothing (like a dead screen).

After executing "console --version" I get:

console 0.3
libcons (GNU Hurd) 0.3

This is under a dell inspiron 600M...  Any hints on how to proceed to
get the console working fine?

Also, any hints on how to automate the execution of console after
reboot (having virtual terminals is not possible with mach console), I
remember creating /etc/init.d scripts for debian/linux, but I'm not
sure whether that's the right approach since I eventually would like
not only the console started but also X, is this the approach to
follow or there's another way?

--
Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas