Re: libgtop2

Marco Gerards wrote:
Manuel Menal <mmenal@hurdfr.org> writes:

Well, it's what you get with ifconfig (or /proc/net/dev) in Linux.
Like, the number of received/sent packets/bytes, errors,
collissions, things like that. Drivers keep count of them already
(rx_errors, rx_bytes, tx_packets, etc.). The code is mostly
there in <gnumach/linux/dev/core/dev.c:sprintf_stats>.
Adding an interface that would return a struct to user space,
instead of putting it under /proc, wouldn't be hard, would it?

Can't you get it with ifconfig or netstat on GNU/Hurd?

With ifconfig you can't (it only shows what you can get with
the basic ioctls, that is MTU, address, netmask, broadcast,
flags, ...). I didn't know of any port of netstat for GNU/Hurd.

pfinet knows about this kind of stuff, so I assume you can get the info from there. This should not be too hard.

Sure, it just lacks the interfaces. I should take a look
at how other OSes do that (other than GNU/Linux, I mean)
and send a patch for pfinet.

Manuel Menal