Re: heads up

   >    Those people who are hacking the GNU Hurd and not playing Hurd
   >    politics.
   >
   > Then you can't mean Debian GNU/Hurd.

   ?????

Debian GNU/Hurd is about playing with Hurd politics.

   Other Debian GNU/Linux people defend their Linux position and start
   a debate.  This is to be welcomed.

It is not to be welcomed if they start a debate without having done
their homework.

   Provision of GNU/Linux.  Main purpose yes, assumed.  Original
   purpose yes, see Ian Murdoch's 1994 "The Debian Manifesto".
   "Debian Constitution" 1999, no - Linux is not mentioned at all.  I
   do not know the history of Debian's acceptance of GNU Hurd as a
   non-Linux port.

I fail to see your point, in 1994 the plan was to make Debian the GNU
system.  This isn't the plan today and hasn't been since a long time,
today it is to make Debian GNU/Linux.

   >    > I also know that you cannot mean the GNU system, since "we"
   >    > consists of less people then there are people hacking on the
   >    > Hurd right now.
   >
   >    What do you mean?
   >
   > Sorry, I don't understand.
   ?????

Once again, I don't understand.  Could you try and explain what you
wish to communicate or don't understand, instead of typing five
question marks?

   Let the debate continue.  Other participants welcome.

Let the debate continue by those who know some of the background to
the issues, participants that do not know the background are not
welcome.