Re: GNU/Hurd in severe need for documentation.

Hyrcan <hyrcan@hyrcan.com> writes:

> |    I think that most newcomers are discouraged by the installation
> |    procedure. It's still quite difficult to get a basic Hurd system up
> |    and running (network set up).
> |
> | Maybe if you could tell us all what is difficult, then we couold
> | somehow fix that so it will be easier in the future.  Would you like
> | to work on making it easier for new people to install Debian GNU/Hurd?
>
> I can help with that... I'm moderately experienced GNU\Linux user,  not
> a quite a 'guru' and way way past noob... and I'm in the process of
> attempting to install HURD... I'll be happy to report back what I find a
> pain...In fact my that's why I was installing HURD in the first place,
> wanted to see the creation of a 'GNU\HURD' Distribution focused on
> users...  Of course I had planned to keep gathering info and experience
> before opening my big mouth. ;)

Well, many people send replies on what is difficult, ask questions,
etc.  It's just that no one writes a patch to fix the documentation.

I'm afraid that no one has or takes the time to update the docs
according to the suggestions we get via the mailing lists, that's
reality.  Could you please do that?  Please discuss what you want to
do before doing it, for example the FAQ was already reworked(but not
yet on hurd.gnu.org), it would be a waste of time for you if you would
do that again.

> Anyway...back to trying to install HURD.

Good luck!

--
Marco