Re: Mouse repeater breaks console

Johannes Rohr <j.rohr@gmx.de> writes:

> Marco Gerards schrieb:
>> Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>>>Good to know that you have nailed it down to pc_mouse.
>> I agree :/
>> If someone can provide me more information, I will debug this problem
>> and fix it.
>
> So is there anything I can do to extract and provide more info on what
> is actually happening?

You could test it by not using the repeater and see if that changes
anything:

console -d vga -d pc_kbd -d pc_mouse /dev/vcs

When the console hangs, you can connect to the process with gdb and
get the backtraces of all threads to see what they are doing.  That
only works if the Hurd was compiled with debudding symbols.  I am not
sure if one can modify the debian package to do just that?

--
Marco