Re: New xattr-hurd tarball

Quoting Ognyan Kulev <ogi@fmi.uni-sofia.bg>:

> >>PS/2 or serial?  I would like to update the TWiki page:
> >
> > It does not.  You just have to use the right parameters.  Those are
> > just like the old mouse translator.  I just changed the default.
> >
> > Actually, I have not tested if a serial mouse works because I don't
> > have one here.  I hope you can do that... :)
>
> I've tested with serial mouse without success.  --protocol=microsoft
> doesn't catch.  --protocol=logitech gave total freeze of the system.

Oh, that sucks...  I will borrow a mouse and try things myself when
I have the time.

> --device=com0/com1 has no effect on PS/2 mouse -- probably this is
> expected behaviour.

Yes, I think so.

> Why are not all --protocol parameters listed in /hurd/mouse --help?  OK,
> /hurd/mouse won't be used anymore, but anyway, these options should be
> documented.  Is it possible --help to load all drivers and make them
> print their options?

It is not possible.  But it would be interesting to make it possible
somehow IMHO.

When the console in started by default and all the patches are applied
I should start writing docs, I assume. :)

> When -d pc_mouse, --device=.. should always be used instead of -d, I guess.

What do you mean with that?

> So when --repeat is given, always -c should be given too.  Is this correct?

Right.  Otherwise the node can not be reached.

> ls -l /dev too:
> total 3937617469853529567
> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root root     13 Sep 18 21:31 MAKEDEV -> /sbin/MAKEDEV
> drwxr-xr-x  1 root root      0 Sep 18 21:39 cons
> crw-------  1 root root   0, 0 Sep 18 21:39 console
> dr-xr-xr-x  1 root root     32 Oct  8  2003 fd
>
> Should I report to BTS these buggy outputs?  Looks like some translators
> report buggy sizes.

Feel free to do so, but I don't look there... I can reproduce this and
will have a look at this as well.

--
Marco