Re: New xattr-hurd tarball

M. Gerards wrote:
Quoting Ognyan Kulev <ogi@fmi.uni-sofia.bg>:

Michael Banck wrote:

console -d vga -d pc_kbd --repeat=kbd -d pc_mouse --repeat=mouse -c /dev/cons /dev/vcs

Is using /hurd/mouse still correct? How does pc_mouse detect if it's PS/2 or serial? I would like to update the TWiki page:

It does not.  You just have to use the right parameters.  Those are
just like the old mouse translator.  I just changed the default.

Actually, I have not tested if a serial mouse works because I don't
have one here.  I hope you can do that... :)

I've tested with serial mouse without success. --protocol=microsoft doesn't catch. --protocol=logitech gave total freeze of the system.

--device=com0/com1 has no effect on PS/2 mouse -- probably this is expected behaviour.

Why are not all --protocol parameters listed in /hurd/mouse --help? OK, /hurd/mouse won't be used anymore, but anyway, these options should be documented. Is it possible --help to load all drivers and make them print their options?

When -d pc_mouse, --device=.. should always be used instead of -d, I guess.

So when --repeat is given, always -c should be given too.  Is this correct?

ls -l /dev/cons gives the following buggy result:

total 7857220539040073993
crwxr-xr-x  1 root root 9, 101 Sep 18 21:39 kbd
crwxr-xr-x  1 root root 9, 101 Sep 18 21:39 mouse

ls -l /dev too:
total 3937617469853529567
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root root     13 Sep 18 21:31 MAKEDEV -> /sbin/MAKEDEV
drwxr-xr-x  1 root root      0 Sep 18 21:39 cons
crw-------  1 root root   0, 0 Sep 18 21:39 console
dr-xr-xr-x  1 root root     32 Oct  8  2003 fd

Should I report to BTS these buggy outputs? Looks like some translators report buggy sizes.

Regards,
ogi