New xattr-hurd tarball

Hi,

After a couple of updates of the base packages have gone in, I have
rolled a new tarball[1] for the xattr-hurd cross-installation method[2].
See [2] for verbose instructions.

Other changes besides including the latest packages from ftp.debian.org
and ftp.gnuab.org:

 * Created device nodes /dev/hd0s[1->16]
 * Symlinked /servers/crash to /servers/crash-kill instead of
   /server/crash-suspend
 * Deleted the .debs from the APT cache this time, so it's way smaller
 * Added zile, a small emacs-like editor

Further, I have uploaded a patched star package to the xattr-hurd APT
repository[3], which does not display the warnings on failed setxattr
calls. Thanks to Roland for the patch.

Roland also told me one should run 'tune2fs -o user_xattr /dev/hdfoo'
after making the file system.

Remember that the Hurd console should be invoked like this now, if you
want to use the repeaters:

console -d vga -d pc_kbd --repeat=kbd -d pc_mouse --repeat=mouse
	-c /dev/cons /dev/vcs

As always, I'd like to know how people get along with this.

enjoy,

Michael

--
[1] http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/xattr-hurd/gnu-latest.tar.bz2