Re: I think I want to help

Mike Small <smallm@panix.com> writes:

> On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 12:38:17PM +0200, Marco Gerards wrote:
>> OSKIT-Mach is not used by most people.  The port to L4 is not done
>> yet.
>
> If a person (a novice, no one reading this should assume there will
> one day be any useful result from my intention to try this) intended
> to attempt a powerpc port of hurd would he be better off working with
> L4, OSKIT-Mach, Mach 1.3, or OSF Mach (ie looking at Peter Bruin's work)
> as the kernel?

Peter uses OSF Mach.  I think the easiest thing to do is adding the
GNU Mach linux gluecode support.

I wonder how easy it will be to add support for Open Firmware
devices.  Using Open Firmware it is really easy to access a disk and
the console, but I don't know if that works in a kernel.  Perhaps we
can Open Firmware until it can be replaced with real drivers.

Soon I will try to make Mach work on my mac using open firmware...

--
Marco