Re: I think I want to help

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 05:38:47PM +0200, Marco Gerards wrote:
> Mike Small <smallm@panix.com> writes:
>
> > On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 12:38:17PM +0200, Marco Gerards wrote:
> > L4, OSKIT-Mach, Mach 1.3, or OSF Mach (ie looking at Peter Bruin's work)
> > as the kernel?
>
> Peter uses OSF Mach.  I think the easiest thing to do is adding the
> GNU Mach linux gluecode support.

Is this the code in linux/dev/glue in gnumach-1-branch?  So you mean
taking that code and using it with OSF Mach?

> I wonder how easy it will be to add support for Open Firmware
> devices.  Using Open Firmware it is really easy to access a disk and
> the console, but I don't know if that works in a kernel.  Perhaps we
> can Open Firmware until it can be replaced with real drivers.
>
> Soon I will try to make Mach work on my mac using open firmware...

It will be quite a while before I'm capable of helping directly with
something like this, but if you want me to test something let me know.
I have an old world (Performa 6400) and a new world (G4 Digital Audio)
machine to work with.

- Mike