Re: Debian GNU/Hurd on bochs

At Sun, 29 Feb 2004 08:14:05 +0100,
> 3. Making a filesystem
> (you need to be root to do that)
> #losetup /dev/loop0 /hurd/hurd.img -o 32256
> (that magical offset value is bytes/sector times
> sectors/cylinder, and gives access to the partition we created, keeping
> the partition table safe)
> #mkfs.ext2 -o hurd /dev/loop0
> <quote/>

Ah yeah, that looks very good.  The only concern I'd have is the
length of the filesystem.  The partition might not actually expand to
the very end of the loop0 device.

So, I'd suggest that you first create the filesystem in parted, then
set up the loop0 device, then run the e2os script and e2fsck.  Unless
you can somehow control how much of loop0 is actually seen by
mkfs.ext2 etc.