Re: Updated (unoffical) hurd packages/ ext2fs (>2GB) patch

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 05:10:36PM +0100, Marco Gerards wrote:
> Why isn't `tic -x hurd.ti' required anymore?

I asked Marcus yesterday, and he said that if the Hurd terminal
descriptions are present as default, it would not be necessary (at
least, that's how I understood, I've no clue about such things). As
those description seem to be present in the current ncurses-bin Debian
package (which is essential), I assumed it would not be necessary.

I've ran 'tic -x hurd.ti' before testing this packages, so I can't tell
whether it would work or not, or what the problems would be.

> Is it possible to make /dev/tty[1-6] and /dev/vcs with the same script
> that creates all other devices?  That would be a really nice addition,
> even when the console is not used by default.

Oh, hmm. crosshurd's native-install script actually has these lines,
which should get run on first invocaton:

                # Setup crucial devices
                echo
                echo The next job is to setup device files.
                cd /dev
                /bin/sh ./MAKEDEV -v std ptyp ptyq
                /bin/sh ./MAKEDEV vcs tty1 tty2 tty3 tty4 tty5 tty6

I /really/ thought they were not present after my last crosshurd
install, but perhaps I generated them unconditionally.

Even better then :)

Michael

--
Michael Banck