How can I add packages after install?

I've just installed debian-hurd from CDes
(found ISOs and burned them myslef), but
I'm experiencing a few problems adding more
packages.  So, I'm hoping some of you could
tell me what I'm *supposed* to do...

I've done native-install, and wanted to add
some more packages... I first tried dselect:

When I tried to select CD-ROM as source in
menue-item 1 -- wheter I'd sat a translator
for the CD-ROM or not (I mounted it at /cdrom).
In both cases, a sub-program was started... it
looked around for a little while, crashed and
dropped core... then I returned to the main-menue
of dselect.

Then I tried a program called dbpk-cdrom or
something like that... as I understood it, it
should gather a list of packages from the CDes
I put in.  First off, it found about 2/3rds of
the packages unsuable... and when I'd let it
look on all the four CDs I'd burned, it didn't
appear that any list had been made (I may have
looked in the wrong place though).

Finally I tried the hurd-dppk (or whatever)
program in the root (/) directory.  It just
fudely reported that it had to be run from
a deb-root -- and where *I* had attempted to
run it from.  Where am I *supposed* to run this
program from?  Can it be run from a directory
on a CD-ROM?

Hurd looks very interesting... I just find it
a bit difficult to get started.

-Koppe

Denne eposten er sendt med epost.no WebMail.
Norges beste gratis epost-tjeneste med
spam-kontroll og virus-sjekk.

Registrer 'dittnavn'@epost.no du også.
http://www.epost.no/signup/newUser.html

Denne eposten er skannet og funnet fri for virus
av Epost.no med Declude og FRISK F-Prot Software.