Re: How can I add packages after install?

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Bård Ove  wrote:

> I've just installed debian-hurd from CDes
> (found ISOs and burned them myslef), but
> I'm experiencing a few problems adding more
> packages.  So, I'm hoping some of you could
> tell me what I'm *supposed* to do...
>
> I've done native-install, and wanted to add
> some more packages... I first tried dselect:

You will need to mount the cdrom first after following the instructions in
Cook-book.  mount /cdrom should do the trick.

<settrans -a /cdrom /hurd/iso9660fs /dev/hd2> (assuming the cdrom drive is
hd2) is better way of mounting the CD.

/cdrom/upgrade/install.sh will then install a mass of packages.
You may want to look at this script and adapt it for your own purposes.
gui.sh will install the X packages.

Phil.

     I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz