Re: glibc

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 06:50:06PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:

> > I'm hoping that glibc 2.3.2.ds1-10 will be suitable for hurd-i386 again,
> > which includes a CVS update.
>
> Do I need a cvs-hurd or a cvs-gnumach to compile it?

Nope - There's two patches that are needed from upstream glibc cvs that
I haven't pulled in yet.  (One from Alfred, one from Jeroen).  That's
why -9 doesn't work.  I have this vague hope that -9 will make it into
testing, though, so I haven't been pushing to do a new upload before
then.

Also, I suspect the new packaging probably doesn't do everything
perfectly for hurd-i386 yet.  There's at least one suspicious thing that
I can think of that might be too linux specific.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey