Re: FTBFS: perl

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 04:42:30PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:

> Still, there are 19 tests which fail even when threads are disabled.
> These are the build log and the patch I used to disable threads:

The only ones I'd take any time exploring are the ndbm tests.  I would
be worried about it produce bad databases or corrupting them.  (There
isn't enough here to see what the failures are).  It might also be nice
to look at the math errors.  The other things (socket errors, pipe
errors, and such) are all ignorable.

I'm hoping that glibc 2.3.2.ds1-10 will be suitable for hurd-i386 again,
which includes a CVS update.  Mostly it's now waiting on me getting a
working cross compiler.  Having --with-sysroot in the gcc 3.3 series
will help with this.  I've fallen in love with the feature and have been
patiently waiting (and filing ice-on-valid bugs. *g*) for 3.4 to be
usable for us.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey