Re: Hurd Advocacy?

Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:

  b) I can also convert it to PDF so it would be available in a
  format that would print consistently whatever system setup the
  potential viewer had.

Instead of using PDF (which cannot be edited with free software, nor
be viewd on a console), could you make it into a info page instead?

That has the nice feature that it can be viewed on _any_ system, and
that it can be converted to whatever format the user would like (ps,
pdf, info, html, etc).

Alfred,

I'm going to use Texinfo to create the documents, and am going to provide them in editable and non-editable formats. The reason for using .pdf is that *nix and M$ users know what to do with a .pdf file, while for institutions that have become M$ only over the past few years (this certainly has started to happen in Britain) they may be unfamiliar with info files. IMO the aim has to be to give the user something they can use immediately without needing to be converted or modified. Naturally I will also be providing the documentation in formats that are both editable, and conform to open standards.

Sorry I've been so quiet over the past week or so, I've just moved back from Northern England to the South Coast, and I'm in the process of running around trying to get some work. Once I have an income I can relax a little bit, it's that or lynch the landlord. :)

Mark